Sunday, January 13, 2013

SHADOWS FALL GUITARIST TO REPLACE ROB CAGGIANO OF ANTHRAX

Last Saturday, Anthrax announced that Shadows Fall lead guitarist Jon Donias will temporarily replace the departed Rob Caggiano to fulfill their upcoming tour commitments in India, Australia and on the North American Metal Alliance tour. Rob had left the band to work on producing and other studio work.

On his Facebook page, Anthrax's own Scott Ian had this to say about Donias:  “Jon is a bro and he’s also a total fucking ripper… I’ve worked with him twice before on side projects and he tears it up. I’m excited to have him on my right burning up the stage with Anthrax. 13′s gonna be a good year.”

Donias explained how the transition began: “Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I’d be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place. Rob and I are using Skype to work on solos and other guitar parts, so he’s being great. I also have to give special thanks to my band – Brian, Matt, Jason and Ed – who have been incredibly supportive and encouraged me to do this.”

It should be noted that Donias isn't a permanent replacement, and Anthrax has stated that one will be announced in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment