Monday, January 21, 2013

MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK WRITING NEW ALBUM

Legendary guitarist and former Scorpions and UFO member Michael Schenker's current band Temple Of Rock is currently gearing to write a new album. In a recent interview with Metal Forces, Schenker explained some of his ideas, motives and plans for the new release, including the title, Bridge The Gap. “I already know that the title of the album is gonna be ‘Bridge The Gap’, and so this time I have a blueprint in my head, like a map that I see. I can see that it’s a concept I have, and so I have a very clear direction of what I’m doing," Schenker stated.

The band plans to have the album done in 2013 and hopes to have some material ready for their upcoming tour in April, starting in the UK. Schenker had this to say about playing in the UK, and how it differs from other European shows:  “I don’t know why, but in the U.K. they’re just happy right from the beginning. In Germany, Holland, and some other places, they just check you out for the first four to five songs. I don’t know why, but that’s what they do. A third into the set, they then start getting into it. I guess maybe they try to figure out what we’re gonna be doing. If it’s anything good and they like what they see, then they get into it.”

Furthermore, Schenker says that Bridge The Gap will be much heavier, due in part to vocalist Doogie White's style of singing. “When I’m writing, of course, I have Doogie in my head because I know he’s gonna be doing the vocals. He’s a more metal singer, and so automatically it will be more metal. It will be more on the level of ‘Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead’ [from 2011's 'Temple Of Rock'] of course, because that’s Doogie singing there," Schenker explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment