Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Guitar Talk, NAMM '13 and Why You Should Care

For this article, I'd like to focus on a big aspect of Rock: guitars! I myself am a guitarist and I'm sure many readers are as well, so I figure "why not do the occasional article whats going on in the guitar industry?" I'd like to get musicians involved in reading ToshMosh as well as music-fans, and I believe this could attract a new crowd!

More specifically, I'd like to talk about the upcoming NAMM show that starts on the 24th in Anaheim, California. The NAMM show is one of the world's biggest music trade shows, and is a press-only event where instrument companies come to show off the new models of the year. Sounds boring on paper, doesn't it? Rest assured, its really cool! I'm talking walls and walls of fancy new guitars, over-the-top custom shop models that are more art than anything, and big-name endorsers and musicians hanging out and answering questions. Maybe its just me, but that sounds like one hell of a time!

More importantly, NAMM almost acts like a pissing match between major guitar brands, providing an opportunity to bust out the big guns to the world right in front of each other. I'm a big fan of ESP's work, owning two models of theirs, and I'm personally excited to see what they come out with this year!

So that's my nerdy rant of the day. I'm really interested to know what any musicians out there play, and what they'd like to see come out of this year's NAMM. It's more than just guitars, so comment on what you'd like to see! Don't be shy, share your passion to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment